The business adventure
Nano Labs is inviting interested parties to explore our unique capabilities and the potential of nanotechnology as an industry – one that holds all the promise in the world, simply because it involves scientific applications with all the potential to effect just about every industry and consumer good on the planet. We share faith in nanotechnology and our business through core beliefs:
• We believe that for the private investor, there is the potential for what could be significant returns.
• We believe that for government and academia, there is the opportunity to expand knowledge through advanced research and development opportunities.
• We believe that for industry and manufacturing, there is the promise for improved products, systems, and processes.
Our innovative products and services are available for licensing by category and/or by territory. We look for long-term relationships with key licensing and distribution partners. This may include assigning patents, licensing patents for a field of use, technology transfer, copyrights, royalty agreements, buying a product line, and other methods. We perform thorough tests and provide quality assurance before licensing. As well, we design our partner programs to include milestones and performance-based metrics to maximize the value of these programs.
Methods of collaboration
We offer a number of ways for companies, organizations and governments to work with us. Our collaborative vehicles include strategic, commercial, and joint-venture programs.
• Our Strategic Partnerships focus on promoting partnerships with academic and government entities to further the development of nanotechnology, including, for example, activities in which we sponsor research by partners.
• Our Commercial Partnerships focus on the industrial commercialization of our products and the licensing of a diverse range of our in-house, intellectual property assets to create new products for mass commercialization.
• Our Joint Ventures focus on cooperative financial investments to commercialize new products and channels.
Our Partnership Road Map
We begin all of our partnership programs by asking for a cooperative Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA) to receive and/or share proprietary information. Contact us today to learn more or to get started.
Our Business Model
As discussed in more detail in the About Us section of this website, Nano Labs is a new company with an impressive legacy encompassing more than 500 peer-reviewed publications, patents, and some 30 years of expertise in nanotechnology R&D. We have a highly experienced team of scientists, designers, and engineers led by one of the preeminent leaders in the field of nanotechnology – Dr. Victor Castano. Additionally, we’ve brought together a motivated and experienced team of management executives – and business development professionals – to commercialize innovative solutions and products.
We follow a step-by-step approach to developing our intellectual property, taking into account: 1) the target market; 2) the profile and expectations of potential customers: 3) the competitive landscape; 4) barriers to entry; 5) the cost of development and production; 6) distribution, promotion, and marketing; 7) our sales, client service, and human and financial resources; and 8 ) our overall risks.
Factors concerning our comparative advantage
Many factors combine to make us an attractive partner:
• Project Pre-feasibility - The technical feasibility of nanotechnology application and the targeted results. We make sure the risk is quantified and that there is a clear market demand.
• Intellectual property – The products and patentable intellectual property are strongly protected during the entire duration of the marketing phase.
• Competitive Advantages – The nanotechnology and the products are distinctive, tangible, and offer long-term competitive advantages when compared to present and foreseeable applications.
• Novel Status - The technology is a first worldwide – filling opportunities, needs, or offering major improvements within an industry – and is not vulnerable to competitive technologies.
• Numerous Applications – Our proprietary nanotechnology and nanomaterial is the source of numerous applications in several industries and markets.
• Dominant Design - The technology is the foundation of a new platform that we believe will become the dominant design standard with respect to technology, transfer, platforms, and existing applications.
• Regulatory Compliant – The development of the nanotechnology applications takes into account current regulations as well as those that may arise throughout the marketing cycle, including without limitation those regulations specifically related to the environment.
• Market Size – We have the potential to access a global and regional markets of significant size.
• Timing – The development of the nano product correlates to the demand of its target market and takes advantage of this convergence.
• Barriers - The barriers (in terms of intellectual property, technology, cost, regulations, and other factors) limiting the entry of new competitors are known; our marketing strategy allows us to take steps to quickly overcome them, even as it includes measures to assure product longevity on a wide scale within the marketplace.
• Business Partners – We have extensive experience identifying business partners that present the best potential for a project; this is based upon a broad network of business development contacts.
• Financial Risk: The financial risks are largely compensated by the opportunity to recover the investments and to achieve the anticipated financial outcome over a short time frame.
We look at every product as an individual opportunity to direct, plan, organize and/or control the business process of a nanotechnology business in an entrepreneurial environment. With appropriate resources in place – including without limitation human resources and access to leading laboratories and research infrastructure – we provide the capital required for promising but realistic commercialization.
We believe in a sustainable and synergistic approach in which the structure of the business plan for a product roll-out is realistic and well adapted to the technology, to the market, to the partners, to human resources, and to resources that are available.